Business Unit: Fresno
Reports To: Production Manager
To oversees and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the production of processed fruits and vegetables. The Lead is expected to provide direction and compliance around activities the support Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost, Yield management and provide leadership to the team. Provides other support to the operation and management as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Efficiency: Mange a crew of 25+ employees, providing them with direction and working with production lead to ensure products are coordinated and run efficiently.
- Leadership: Provide leadership to the team to ensure the team is motivated, heard and morale is maintained high.
- Manage KPI’s:
- Food Safety- Make sure all product is produced under the set guidelines that are defined in our food safety program.
- Personal Safety- Manage people and tailgate to ensure they are staying safe.
- Quality- Maintain operations to ensure highest quality of product being produced.
- Productivity- Coordinate production to ensure operations are maintained under high efficiency.
- Cost- Manage cost to meet the organization’s goals and objectives and provide feedback on improving overall cost.
- Yield Management- Evaluates yields and manages accordingly to ensure product cost is maintained within expectations and provides feedback to maximize product yield.
- Continuous Improvement: Constantly evaluating operations to find opportunities for improvement.
- Teamwork: Works with extended team, Shipping, Receiving, Inventory, Maintenance, Sales / Customer Service, and Buyers to ensure the business as a whole is operating effectively.
- Ensure team executes the following tasks: Raw material usage, Production against schedule, Invoicing from Amber foods to 1st quality produce. Purchase orders for first quality product on a daily basis.
- Schedule labor according to scheduling needs
- Other duties as assigned.